Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

Weekend Eve Open Thread"

• 450 posts
    December 23, 2019 7:40 AM EET
    Good Morning!The schedule is out for the 2019 season Laquon Treadwell Jersey , have you looked it over and picked out the game or games you’re going to this year?I’m staring at potential games and quite frankly I have sticker shock over ticket prices right now.I think I’ll wait until single game tickets open and try my luck there again.The draft is a short distance away and I’m ready for it unless the Vikings pick a CB in the 1st round again.Meanwhile, let’s carry on with our news and links open thread full of beer recommendations, nap strategies, crock pot and smoker recipes. Fire up the mock drafts and drop by for some fan wisdom, snark and have a glass of Chai Tea.Around the DN since our last open thread:Eric and Chris have your Minnesota Vikings 2019 Schedule: Dates, Opponents, Game Times, and More.Daily Norseman LIVE on Minnesota Sports Weekly tonight featuring Chris.Jonah breaks down the Vikings 2019 schedule.Vikings news from other sources:At Vikings.com, they’ll keep you up to the minute with their Vikings free agency tracker.The Voice of the Vikings, Paul Allen, is joined by Mike Wobschall Womens Xavier Rhodes Jersey , Ben Leber and Ron Johnson to give their thoughts on the 2019 Vikings’ schedule.Vikings week 9 road game vs. the Chiefs and Patrick Mahomes garners the most buzz on twitter.View highlights of the Vikings defensive workouts which began earlier this week at the TCO Performance Center.Matthew Coller at SkorNorth.com says Vikings best draft fits: NC State OL Garrett Bradbury.Also from Matthew: Vikings best draft fits: TE Noah Fant.League news: From NFL.com Cardinals QB Josh Rosen “I respect the higher-ups and their decisions.”NFLPA to Tom Coughlin: Current workouts voluntary.Lions GM: Matthew Stafford’s absence won’t affect draft plans.Giants RB Saquon Barkley aiming to show ‘they got the right guy.’2018 NFL Draft do-over: Broncos pick Josh Allen; Fins take a QB. (Vikings take Will Hernandez, duh)ESPN lists the cap space for all 32 teams.ESPN has an NFL-wide free agency tracker.We come to today’s media selection: Black Sabbath - ParanoidAgain, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:-No discussion of politics or religion-No feeding of the trolls-This isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the door-Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)-Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags-No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer-If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away-While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm.With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up & tie one on. Don’t annoy your waiter Ben Gedeon Jersey , try the fried bologna sandwich and as always, Welcome Aboard! Former Minnesota Vikings first-round pick Laquon Treadwell was a healthy scratch for last week’s win over the Detroit Lions. It was the first time since his rookie season that he had missed a game for any reason.According to Chris Tomasson of the , Treadwell is hoping that the deactivation is a one-time occurrence.“It was a business decision,” Treadwell said. “They felt that was best for the team, and we got the win, and that’s all that matters. (The coaches) definitely stressed it was a weekly thing, a one-game thing, and told me to continue to prepare like I was going to play and I just go from there.”Minnesota elected to use Adam Thielen, Stefon Diggs, Aldrick Robinson, Chad Beebe and Brandon Zylstra as their five active receivers against the Lions instead. Head coach Mike Zimmer said the decision was based on matchups. However http://www.thevikingslockerroom.com/authentic-mackensie-alexander-jersey , Treadwell had played just 22 snaps the previous week against Miami – tying a season low – in Kevin Stefanski’s first game as offensive coordinator. He did not record a catch for the first time all season.“I’ve been doing everything I possibly can to be active, to be acclimated, to be featured in the offense,” Treadwell said. “There’s nothing much more I can do besides continue to prepare and do what I do every week and just hopefully I’ll be active.”Treadwell has struggled to break out and become a reliable threat during his first three seasons in the NFL. Adam Thielen in 2018 alone will record more than double the catches and yards Treadwell has managed to compile in his three seasons combined in Minnesota. Thielen has caught 110 passes for 1,335 yards and nine touchdowns this season the Vikings. Treadwell has just 55 catches for 510 yards and one touchdowns in his three seasons.He was the 23rd overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft. He has career-highs in all categories this year with 34 receptions for 295 yards and his first career touchdown. Nevertheless, the Vikings certainly hope they would have been able to get more out of their former top pick by year three of his career.The Vikings will need to make a decision whether to pick up the fifth-year option on Treadwell’s rookie contract this offseason. Given his struggles to produce through three seasons and being deactivated last week, that would seem unlikely.